19 October 2009

The Land of Endless Day


There are so many good and sensible reasons to reject the hand of Christ. Mine had to do with not wanting to give up the things I thought meant something. There's only room on the throne of this heart for one king, and I wanted to be king of my life. Just me. But what I discovered from the empty hotel room I chose was that nothing has any real and lasting life apart from the source of life - and I knew that it wasn't me who made the flowers bloom or the seas tide. 

The world offers momentary pleasure. But the high wears off and you're left constantly wanting more - which the world will gladly sell you in exchange for an ever increasing portion of your day. But at the end of days, "why in the world would you wait when the world offers nothing at all?"


Lyrics: Tim Henderson & Jeff Kreh


Why in the world would you wait
when the world offers nothing at all?
Jesus calls from the home He's prepared by His grace
singing, “why in the world would you wait?”


Come if your heart you would change
to accept His most basic command
and a land can be yours where there's never a pain
only come if your heart can be changed



Chorus:
We'll exchange our cross for a golden crown
where the gates swing outward never
and we'll sing the song of heaven's praise
in the land of endless day


If you would call on His name
just, to know you've been washed in the blood
how He'd love you to see what it means to believe
only, why in the world would you wait?
tell me, why in the world do you wait?


Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment