19 October 2009

Anymore


Ours is a consumer-driven society. However, sometimes it seems we are oblivious to the fact that our insecurities are being played for profit. How much is enough? What is enough?


Lyrics: Jeff Kreh



Checkin' out with all the things we're shown to love
and though my bags are heavy, it's never quite enough


Chorus:
Ah, I don't want this anymore
No, no, I don't want this anymore


No more your beast of burden headed for the door
since you've given your best offer, I'll search another store


Chorus


Bridge:
Come unto me all ye that labor
come and I will give you rest
take my yoke upon you and learn of me
I want to give you rest


Look around at every bird, always fed and free
even grass and flowers wear better clothes than me


Ah, if that is to be free
Woe, then I don't want this anymore


Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment