19 October 2009

Born To Die


If I really believe He was 'Born to Die', then why on earth keep that story silent? And if I'm keeping it to myself, do I really believe it? Am I selfish? Am I jealous that He could be loved by and love others? Open your mouth, Jeff...open your mouth.


Lyrics: Jeff Kreh



On a clear and starry night
a cry breaks the silence
the world is hushed in awe at the Creator in new birth
Angels praise His name
shepherds, stilled, proclaim
“surely this must be the Son of God”


Mary, loving mother of the savior of the earth
hardly comprehends what all this means
watching Him grow up
oftentimes forgetting
the deed that He must do to save her soul


Chorus:
For He was born to die
as a baby in a manger
He gives all that He has
for friends and for strangers
unselfish and blameless in everything since birth
on a clear and starry night
He was born to die


All along His way He lives a life predestined
knowing where the end is and all the ways out
but on Mt. Olive's brow
blood drops down proclaiming
Jesus knows the will of God
and what He must do


Chorus


Bridge:
It's hard to believe He would want to give up heaven's life for me
Dying in my sin that I might begin to live a life worthy of His death


Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment